So you want to play with us?
Spend a day at our co-work space – passes (20€ incl. VAT) available from Games Factory reception.
Get a set desk to come back to or try out a hotseat at our co-work space dedicated for game professionals.
Pricing (excl. VAT):
Fixed desks: 1st desk – 300€/month (opening offer 200€/month); 2nd – 200€/month; 3rd/4th/5th/6th – 100€/month
Service provider desk: 400€/month
Enjoy the privacy of an office room, whilst benefiting from the community.
Pricing according to room sizes. Limited availability.
Bring your event to our atmospheric 200sqm event space in central Helsinki.
Need help with user acquisition, finding talent or game audio/music? We got you!
Game professional visiting Helsinki? Let us give you a tour of the premises!
Want to work in the Finnish Game Industry? Let us give you a helping hand!
+358 40 581 8389
+358 40 9610489
May 3, 2018
Helsinki’s Gaming Ecosystem Strengthens Further with Games Factory
The Finnish game industry Embassy grand opening takes place on June 1, 2018. Tenant companies have now been chosen and Games Factory is joining forces with game audio composer Ari Pulkkinen with joint venture company AriTunes.
Games Factory will be home to 20 Finnish game companies at a time, ranging from small to medium-sized studios. One of the criteria for selecting members is their capacity and willingness to contribute to the community and the whole ecosystem. The contributions could take many forms, ranging from sharing technical capabilities to organizing events.
The tenant game studios include:
- Virtual Air Guitar Company – full-body action to precise fingertip control motion games and applications
- Quicksave Interactive – games for chat environments
- Motorious Entertainment – mobile games for major brands
- Polka Dot Studio – lifestyle games for female audience
- Brimstone Interactive – turn-based tactics games
In addition, Games Factory has formed a joint venture company AriTunes with renowned Finnish game audio composer Ari Pulkkinen. Pulkkinen is nominated for his work on NexMachina for Best Audio at the upcoming Nordic Game Awards 2018 in Malmö 24th of May.
April 5, 2018
Games Factory steered towards June launch by new Chairman and COO Jyri Partanen
Co-founder Jyri Partanen to join CEO Jose Jacome in building the groundworks for the Helsinki-based game development community
Helsinki, Finland – Community hub Games Factory has appointed Jyri Partanen as Chairman of the Board and Chief Operating Officer. The serial entrepreneur and game industry expert will oversee and develop company operations and strategy, working closely together with CEO Jose Jacome. As the former Chairman of IGDA Finland, Partanen has over 10 years of experience sharing business expertise within the game industry.
– The Helsinki metropolitan area is the home for 40 percent of Finnish game companies, so Games Factory is a natural progression of the ecosystem here. The community hub is a physical location for game companies to build synergies and invite visitors to learn about the Finnish gaming industry as a whole. We want to bring open sharing of information and data to the next level, declares Jyri Partanen.
March 23, 2018
Games Factory Industry Community to Open in Helsinki
The new Finnish game community will breed talent and business
Helsinki, Finland – The Maria 01 tech startup community in Helsinki will continue to expand operations in early June 2018, when Games Factory opens at the site. Games Factory will be a game community house, and it will assume a larger role on the Finnish game scene serving as a platform for all game-related activity in Finland and beyond.
The mission of Games Factory is to represent, to promote, and to strengthen the Finnish game industry, embracing all types of games.
“We’ll be the Embassy and showroom of the Finnish game industry on the global arena,” asserts Games Factory CEO José Jácome, pointing out that games are Finland’s biggest cultural export.
A key role of Games Factory will be to increase cohesion within the industry through a new type of nation-wide community, in which game developers and other industry actors collaborate, sharing information and capabilities. The goal is to breed new talent and business.
July 12, 2018
Games Factory announces new tenant Game Companies
Games Factory has been growing since its Grand Opening in June 2018. Currently 200 people are working from Games Factory.
Here are the current tenant companies:
- Critical Charm – free-to-play games targeted at a female audience
- Game Art Co. – specialists in training artists for the mobile games industry
- Third Culture Kids – podcasts, video games, The Writing Game YouTube series and more
- Polka Dot Studio – mobile games company that blends women’s fashion with mobile games
- Action-Reaction Games – mobile game development start-up company
- Quicksave Interactive Ltd. – chat games
- Motorious Entertainment – games for brands
- AriTunes – game audio and music
- Finnish Game Day – talent events and services
- Brimstone Interactive – tactics games
- DieNo Games – mobile games
- Empires not Vampires
- Virtual Air Guitar Company – motion games and applications, from full-body action to precise fingertip control
- Sholf Development
- Emma Kiiski – freelance 2D & 3D artist
- Oula Runila – 3D artist